Thursday, January 13, 2011

styling in the backcountry



Well, here i am in Field, BC. Never heard of it? It`s a little village (population of about 180 people) 25km west of Lake Louise off the trans-Canada highway. Minus 16`, about 1.5m of powdered snow and mountains all around. But being out in the backwoods and beyond, doesn`t mean one doesn`t have to be in a designer wasteland.

Note my felted hat by Joy Garnet of Victoria. My handy purse is made by Denise Williams also of Victoria. Socks are handknitted by Heather of Sidney, BC. Some may recognize my scarf from previous Christmas gift idea blogs. Fleece pants and gaiters also made by yours truly.

Even though it is -16`, this seems adequate clothing for snowshoeing although I do notice my nose getting icicles with every inhalation!

No comments:

Post a Comment